RealBlocks Diversity & Inclusion Statement
RealBlocks embraces and supports our employees’ differences in race, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, language differences, nationality or national origin, family or marital status, physical, mental and development abilities, religion or belief, sexual orientation, skin color, social or economic class, education, work and behavioral styles, political affiliation, military service, caste, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion aligns with our values of People and Respect. Diversity and inclusion are sponsored at the highest levels in the Company and initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on global mobility, recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of equity that ensures:
- Diversity is recognized as a business interest, with every level of the organization holding responsibility.
- Communication is respectful between all employees regardless of title or level.
- Insights of diverse groups are sought and welcomed; employees are not alienated or excluded because they don’t fit into a set of cultural norms.
- An environment where employees feel that their background and lifestyle do not affect perceptions of them as a professional, or affect their opportunities for development and promotion.
- Flexible working practices are available where appropriate, as there is an appreciation that not everyone can and will work the same hours or in the same way. This removes disadvantage and discrimination to participation in work.
- The diversity of our workforce is visible at every level of the organization and in every business area.
- Employees are aware of their own unconscious and conscious bias and know how to ensure this does not manifest itself at work.In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, managers and employees are expected to ensure that there is a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and harassment.
- Implementing this Policy as part of their day-to-day management of employees and in applying policies and practices in a fair and equitable way.
- Recognizing unacceptable behavior and taking immediate appropriate action.
- Implementing this Policy in their day-to-day work and their dealings with colleagues and customers.
- Notifying their line manager or senior management of any concerns with regard to the conduct of other employees.
Candidacy for employment or advancement is based solely on the relevant qualities the candidate would bring to the job position. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to hiring, promotions, training and development, working conditions, compensation and benefits. All such decisions are made by using objective standards based on the individual’s qualifications as they relate to the particular job.