Senior, Front End Engineer (Angular)
Senior, Front End Engineer (Angular)
RealBlocks is building the most dynamic alternative investment experience for investors and advisors worldwide through its revolutionary technology and platform. Our platform connects financial advisors worldwide to the best alternative investment managers. Today, advisors are primarily limited to raising capital only within their local market. With RealBlocks, these managers can now raise capital in any international market by using our platform to connect with institutional and intermediary channels. Unlike our competitors, RealBlocks has assembled in one platform the full suite of front office and back-office functionality needed to fully-support fund distribution efforts. Simply put, RealBlocks shortens the average amount of time needed to internationally distribute a fund from 2 years to 1 month, while providing scalable international access. We are in the process of launching our first clients, including a few tier-one private equity firms and other well-respected asset managers, as we prepare to scale-up.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE LEVEL
8 - 15 years of experience in hands-on full software development lifecycle in Agile environments. Expected to have the in-depth knowledge, judgment, and understanding to work cross-functionally within the business and product partners to make decisions about the technical and product roadmap. Capable of mentoring anyone including more senior counterparts in areas of expertise. Authority on more than one technical area and comfortable inventing technologies that do not exist yet to solve problems. Industry knowledge within wealth management or alternative investing is nice to have.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles, Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data structures.
- Experience with Object-Oriented and Functional Programming.
- Development experiences with a document-based database
- Migration from SQL to NoSQL.
- Experience with Rest and GraphQL API.
Design UI / UX web applications based on user journeys and feature designs from Systems Engineers (SE) and Product Owner.
- Translates low, mid, and high-fidelity design mockups and wireframes into rich web pages.
- Follow best coding practices, standards, and guidelines to develop consistent web pages and easy to maintain source code.
- Works with System Engineers to understand the user journeys definitions for user stories.
- Collaborate with Graphic designers to finalize high-fidelity mockups and development.
- Provides educated user story point estimates during Sprint planning to avoid under and over Sprint commitments.
- Completes feature development on schedule and minimizes over-runs to the next Sprints.
Team collaborations with Backend and Frontend Engineers to ensure API and data models can satisfy the end-to-end workflow design and requirements.
- Develops applications using full CRUD server API calls with a component reusability mindset.
- Represents JSON objects from API responses into rich web document object components.
- Provides recommendations to Backend Engineers to optimize API performances and reduce unnecessary and redundant data objects.
- Conducts peer code reviews and address feedback to avoid potential negative impacts to the application and user experiences.
Ensures end-to-end workflow implementation is functional, simple to use and user-friendly by working closely with Test Engineers and Product Engineers.
- Delivers completed features to Test Engineers for QA validations on or before code freeze cut-off date.
- Supports QA automation by adding UI component identifiers.
- Troubleshoots defects and debug issues reported by team members in a timely manner.
- Supports software releases, patches, and hot fixes by promoting new features and fixes to UAT and Production environments.
- Applies user feedback and ideas into feature enhancements and workflow user-friendliness.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.